Tuesday, May 22, 2012

9 Lives...


Why the urge to try new things? Thinking about life, death, the universe and cats (or rather, life, the universe, near death experiences and cats) and though I've always been active these thoughts have put me in a carpe diem mood. It has also made me realize that if I were a cat I’d be in trouble.

So near death count down…
  1. When I was a baby my brother was playing peek-a-boo with me and apparently I fell out of my crib and on my head and he shook me to get me to start crying. Ah, brothers.
  2. Again as a baby I fell out of a car with my sister. Well I was on her lap and remember seeing the car door open and then moving floor. She says she took most of the fall… I guess I have to believe her on that one. A lovely earliest memory.
  3. While at a circus in Mexico a horse broke away from his trainer and charged at my mom, my sister and me. Fortunately the trainer was able to pull him back before we got squished.
  4. Rolled over on an ATC with my mom. Again a member of my family fell on me though she said she tried to twist and save me, so that is why she broke her back.
  5. Almost drowned in a pool… my brother saved me by pulling me out by my hair. No he didn’t jump in and get wet, nope pulled me out by my pony-tail. But at least he saved me, so I can forgive him for shaking me as a baby. 
  6. My father saw that a propane tank we had was leaking from its nozzle, so he told me to plug it with my finger while he went and to get duct tape. Luckily I was older and was able to read the label and figure out that it was a safety pressure release feature on the tank, in which it releases gas so that the tank wouldn’t blow up. I took my finger off of it and went inside.
  7. Car accident about a year ago. In which my mother was driving my car and we took out a stop light and landed on a very large electrical box. It was very Indiana-Jones-and-the-Temple-of-Doom-ride-at-Disneyland-ish.

So what’s my conclusion? My family is dangerous to my health and if I were a cat, I would only have a handful of lives left so I figure why not make the most of them. Therefore, I’m going to try everything I can, hopefully without wasting anymore of my cat-lives. But I figure I’ll be safe since I won’t be inviting my family members on my adventures…. I think it’s safer if I go alone or with non-blood relatives.



1 comment:

  1. Haha, Jen - what adventures!
    Yes, please save those remaining cat-lives of yours - we want to read more!
    Plus, you're a really great person :)

    ReplyDelete